HEALTH DEPARTMENT HOLDS FLU CLINICS
The Kearny Health Department has received its supply of Flu Vaccine.
Flu shots are free and available to Kearny and East Newark residents only. Please bring proof of residency.
Clinics will be held at the Kearny Health Department, 645 Kearny Avenue on the following dates:
Thursday, October 25th, 3:00pm - 7:00pm (persons aged 18 years and older)
Thursday, November 1st, 2:00pm - 7:00pm (persons aged 18 years and older)
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends all individuals six months and older receive seasonal influenza vaccine (i.e., the flu shot), especially:
- Persons aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- Persons aged 2–64 years with chronic health conditions
- Children aged 6 months or older, who attend any licensed child care center or pre- school activity
- Women who are or will become pregnant
- Health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- Caregivers of those at risk Individuals with chronic pulmonary, cardiovascular, renal, hepatic, neurologic, hematologic, or metabolic disorders
- Individuals who have a BMI of 40 or more
- American Indians
Paperwork can be picked up at the Kearny Health Department in advance or completed on the day of the Clinic. All other ages can be made by appointment.
Please call the Kearny Health Department if you need further information at (201) 997-0600, Ext. 3505.