The Kearny Transit-Oriented District (TOD) Vision Plan is the result of an interactive, community-based planning process in the Town of Kearny that began in 2008. It presents a transit-oriented vision for an area of the Town for which plans are being made, as part of NJ Transit’s Access to Region’s Core (ARC) Tunnel Project, to provide NJ Transit commuter rail service. According to Mayor Alberto G.
Kearny, NJ (November 24, 2009) – Sustainable Jersey representatives announced today that Kearny has met the rigorous requirements to achieve Sustainable Jersey Certification. Kearny is one of 28 towns out of the 240 registered municipalities that have attained certification in the first year of the program.
The County of Hudson recently announced the 2010 grant awards from the Hudson County Open Space Trust Fund. Established in 2003, the Open Space Trust Fund is dedicated to improving and expanding open space and recreational facilities, and restoring historic resources. This year’s grant awards included $725,000 for three Kearny projects.
Mayor Santos is pleased to announce that on October 6, Kearny’s Passaic Avenue Revelopment Zone, was designated as a Brownfields Development Area (BDA) by the New Jersey Department of the Environmental Protection qualifying properties for funding of up to $5 million dollars annually for environmental investigation and remediation cleanup.
A collage of original pictures from the various stages of the 1909 construction of the Kearny Town Hall will be on display in the second floor conference room.
Picture from Left to Right
The Kearny Public Library now has a family pass for the American Museum of Natural History.
Mayor Alberto G. Santos and the Town Council dedicated a Streetscape bench located at 23 Kearny Avenue in memory of Everett Warner, a Kearny resident who was active in the community. He passed away in 2006. A plaque bearing his name and the words, “A Man Who Loved Kearny,” was unveiled at a short ceremony at the location.
Whereas, Kearny Federal Savings Bank, a full service federally-chartered stock savings bank, was originally established in 1884; and